Learn the Fundamentals of Meat Specifications
The Center of the Plate Training® is a 2.5-day course designed to teach you the fundamentals of meat specifications by giving you a first-hand look at how carcasses convert to cuts commonly used in retail and food service. A lively learning experience, attendees will see first-hand detailed cutting demonstrations of all the major center of the plate protein items: beef, veal, lamb, and pork, as well as sections on poultry, processed meats, and nutrition. You'll come away with an increased knowledge of the center of the plate items and your personal copy of the Meat Buyer's Guide®; for over 40 years, the authoritative guide to meat and poultry identification.
What You Will Learn From This Course
- The IMPS numbering system, purchasing options, and the fundamentals of meat as described in the eighth edition of the Meat Buyers Guide
- The standards that keep products consistent, wholesome, and fair throughout the market
- The common defects or inconsistencies in meat products that you should look for to prevent dissatisfied customers
- How value is determined for meat products and how it is affected by quality parameters
- The latest meat cuts, including previously undervalued muscles
2023 Featured Speakers
We're Live In
Thank You to Our Generous Sponsors & Partners
Stay Up-to-Date on the Center of the Plate Training
Sign up to receive updates on the latest event information and announcements throughout the season.