CODE OF CONDUCT:
NAMI AND FOUNDATION have taken enhanced health and safety measures for all attendees and staff. I acknowledge and agree to the following before, during and after the event:
Before Leaving Home
- Follow guidance provided by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) or your local health authority.
- Adhere to government issued travel restrictions and guidance issued by the region you will be traveling to and the region you are traveling from.
- Evaluate your own health and that of people you are in close contact with; contact the meeting/event organizers if you have concerns.
- Stay home if you feel sick!
On-site During the Event
- Follow guidance for everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses including:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, or an alcohol-based sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing. Throw used tissues in the trash.
- Current guidance recommends masks for vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals in areas of high risk exposure. San Antonio is currently in the green zone which indicates a low level of spread for the community and masks are not required. Masks will be provided for those who would like them.
- Adhere to social distance protocols put in place by NAMI and respect others’ personal space.
- Inform NAMI staff at any time, if you feel unwell or are experiencing flu-like symptoms.
- In accordance with CDC guidelines, if you are sick or reports YES to any of the health screening questions below you will not be permitted to attend and must isolate and follow local guidelines until you are cleared by a medical professional. People who are sick should go home or to a healthcare facility, depending on how severe your symptoms are, and follow CDC guidance on isolation.
- Based on current contact tracing advice from many health authorities, if you test positive for COVID-19 up to 14 days after returning home, please contact Nicole Vetsch (p) 202.587.4200.
Daily Health Screening Questions:
1. Do you have any of these symptoms that are not caused by another condition?
• Fever or chills • Cough • Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing • Fatigue • Muscle or body aches • Headache • Recent loss of taste or smell • Sore throat • Congestion • Nausea or vomiting • Diarrhea
2. If you are not fully vaccinated, have you been in close contact with anyone with COVID19 in the past 14 days? Close contact is being within 6 feet for 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period with a person; or having direct contact with fluids from a person with COVID-19 with or without wearing a mask (i.e., being coughed or sneezed on).
3. Have you had a positive COVID-19 test for active virus in the past 10 days, or are you awaiting results of a COVID-19 test?
4. Within the past 14 days, has a public health or medical professional told you to self-monitor, self-isolate, or self-quarantine because of concerns about COVID-19 infection?
*If you answer YES to any of these questions, we ask that you do not attend in person and contact a NAMI staff member.
These requirements are subject to change. If at any time changes are made, attendees will be notified and have the option to cancel participation if they do not feel comfortable with the changes and/or they become sick.