Learn the Fundamentals of Meat Specifications | July 20-22, 2021
Center of the Plate Training® is a 2.5 day course designed to teach you the fundamentals of meat specifications by giving you a first-hand look at how carcasses are converted to cuts commonly used in retail and food service. It’s a lively learning experience that includes a detailed cutting demonstration of all the major center of the plate protein items: beef, veal, lamb, and pork, as well as sections on poultry and processed meats. You’ll come away with an increased knowledge of center of the plate items and your personal copy of the Meat Buyer’s Guide®; for over 40 years, the authoritative guide to meat and poultry identification.
What you will learn from this course:
- The IMPS numbering system, purchasing options, and a knowledge of the meat items as described by the eighth edition Meat Buyers Guide.
- How standards keep products consistent, wholesome, and fair throughout the market.
- Common defects or inconsistencies in meat products that you should look for to prevent dissatisfied customers.
- How value is determined for meat products and how it is affected by quality parameters.
- The latest meat cuts, including previously undervalued muscles.
This is a face-to-face event, in order to attend, you must agree to the event Code of Conduct.
Please view all of the safety measures we are taking to make this event as safe as possible for attendees.